Time & Location
Time is TBD
Former News Gazette Building, 15 E Main St, Champaign, IL 61820, USA
About the Event
reINVEST is a listening session for community founders and sustainers interested in economic development, workforce development, and entrepreneurship. It brings together participants to lay out a path for community healing from the events of 2020. We will present restorative practices (RP) training opportunities for transformative leadership, and explain the role the RP can play in sustaining inclusive economic growth. The focus is to bring together community partners and sponsors interested in funding an economic impact center as one anchor to an Neil St (I-74) innovation corridor.
- Present Restorative Practices and Transformative Leadership, to explain the role that RP can play in inclusive economic growth.
- Envision the role of philanthropy at the Economic Impact Center, and initial training programs.
- Build relationships between university leaders with an engagement mission, community leaders, and local philanthropists.
- Increase awareness of the role of RP in transformative leadership and enroll first cohort for RP training.
- Encourage re-engagement of philanthropic investment in local community initiatives.
- Establish successful communication strategy with local philanthropists.
- Determine next steps to funding an economic impact center.