Time & Location
Mar 17, 2021, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Online Event Only
About the Event
reEngage brings together participants to lay out a path for community healing from the events of 2020. We will present restorative practices (RP) training opportunities for successful collaboration, and explain the role the RP can play in community building while envisioning the future of 15 Main as an engagement center, exhibition space, and meeting venue. The focus is to bring together UIUC faculty and community practitioners interested in forming researcher-practitioner partnerships (RPPs) for collaborative urban research.
- Present Restorative Practices for Successful Collaboration, to explain the role that Restorative Rractices (RP) can play in UIUC-community partnerships.
- Envision the Public Engagement Center mission, activities, and funding sources.
- Increase awareness of the role RP can play in building collaborations and enroll first cohort for RP training (RPP focus).
- Encourage UIUC-community engagement by promoting healing from past town-vs-gown racial history.
- Complete first steps in building relationships between UIUC researchers, practitioners, and university programs with engagement mandates (broader impact, CISE, etc).
- Establish teams to continue work on building a year-round public engagement center.
- Determine next steps to encourage broader faculty/practitioner engagement.
Introduction to Restorative PracticesOn-line Only